This is a career-defining opportunity for an experienced Program Director to make the step up to the Number One Market, New York City! This is not an entry level position.
Full-time Program Director for 95.5 PLJ (WPLJ-FM). The successful candidate will provide vision and direction for the legendary New York City station, work closely with on-air talent and meet Cumulus’ goals by maximizing ratings and digital metrics. The program director is also responsible for scheduling, imaging, station strategy and developing revenue generating promotions and supporting the company's sales and marketing teams.
Qualifications / Requirements:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as a program director with a proven track record in a mid-to-large competitive radio market
• Ability to create, implement, and manage the sound, image, music, brand, and standards of 95.5 PLJ through all distribution channels to reach and exceed goals for ratings, revenue, and profitability
• Ability to successfully coach, direct, develop, appraise and motivate on-air talent to maximize their performance
• Ability to develop digital and social strategies that are as engaging as on-air tactics and execution
• Ability to work closely with all parts of the company's operations, including sales, digital media, management and sister broadcast stations
• Ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner so game plan is flawlessly executed
• Ability to deliver unique content that attracts the target demo, builds ratings and grows terrestrial and digital audience.
• Familiarity with social media platforms and how to use them to drive ratings, site traffic and grow followers
• Excellent writing skills
• Ability to work closely with the sales team to develop and enhance client relationships and revenue
• A strong understanding of PPM / Nielsen Ratings and ability to interpret various kinds of research
• Ability to work closely with marketing team to develop contests, promotions and big events to raise brand profile
• Skilled with music scheduling software
• Deep knowledge of music, pop culture and current events and how they relate to the station’s target demo
• Have and build great relationships in the music / entertainment community with a deep contact list
• Great organization and people skills with ability to multi-task
• Ability to lead in a calm and decisive manner
• Proven track record of ratings success and talent development
• Ensure operation of station in accordance with FCC regulations and policies
Who We Are:
At Cumulus-New York, we strive to hire passionate, driven, resourceful, problem solvers who have the ability to drive the evolving, diverse culture of the Power of Radio to success. 95.5 PLJ is part of a four-station cluster broadcasting in midtown Manhattan.
Cumulus owns and operates 460 radio stations in 94 U.S. markets, as well as Westwood One Networks, serving over 10,000 stations worldwide. Over 225 million people per week engage with a Cumulus or Westwood One asset making it an exciting and unique career opportunity! We are constantly creating new windows for success and strive to provide world class tools to help you succeed and reach your full potential as an employee.
How To Apply:
Send resume, references and ratings / success history in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is February 28, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Cumulus Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.