WNSH New York / NASH FM 94.7 is looking for a Morning Show that can become the voice of Country Music Radio in America’s largest market. The right person or team needs to know and be comfortable with the lifestyle of the Country Music fan in the Tri-State area. A successful track record in major markets will weigh heavily in the process, especially in the country music format.
- Broadcast a compelling morning drive radio show by using creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting on-air content
- Great with phones/interacting with callers, interviewing artists/guests and hosting live events
- Plays music as specified by music director and music log
- Minimum of 3 years large market on-air experience at a winning country station
- Strong announcing skills
- A commitment to show prep
- Ability to work in a team / collaborative environment
- Deep knowledge & awareness of Country Music, County Culture and current local / regional / national events and how they relate to the New York City audience
- Familiarity with broadcast equipment
- Ability to multi-task, and perform under pressure
- Strong social media presence
- Strong knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive pay
- Professional growth and career path
- Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask “what if” and try innovative solutions
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage
- 401K with company match to plan for the long-term
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
WHO WE ARE:
NASH FM 94.7 is one of four stations at Cumulus Radio | New York (WABC-AM, WNBM-FM, WNSH-FM, WPLJ-FM) broadcasting to hundreds of thousands of listeners each week. The Cumulus Radio Station Group consists of 441 owned and operated radio stations in 90 markets across the U.S. and is a division of CUMULUS MEDIA.
A leader in the radio broadcasting industry, CUMULUS MEDIA (NASDAQ: CMLS) combines high-quality local programming with iconic, nationally syndicated media, sports and entertainment brands to deliver premium content choices to the 245 million people reached each week through its 434 owned-and-operated stations broadcasting in 89 U.S. media markets (including eight of the top 10), approximately 8,000 broadcast radio stations affiliated with its Westwood One network and numerous digital channels. Together, the Cumulus Radio Station Group and Westwood One platforms make CUMULUS MEDIA one of the few media companies that can provide advertisers with national reach and local impact. The Cumulus Radio Station Group and Westwood One are the exclusive radio broadcast partners to some of the largest brands in sports, entertainment, news, and talk, including the NFL, the NCAA, the Masters, the Olympics, the GRAMMYs, the Academy of Country Music Awards, the American Music Awards, the Billboard Music Awards, and more. Additionally, it is the nation’s leading provider of country music and lifestyle content through its NASH brand, which serves country fans nationwide through radio programming, exclusive digital content, and live events. For more information, visit www.cumulusmedia.com.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter with ratings history, resume and aircheck (links or MP3) to email@example.com. Tell us you learned of the opening from NYMRAD. No phone calls, please.
Cumulus Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).